Saturday, October 2, 2010

My first festival

I am so tired. I feel like I have to start off with this because I feel very delusional, and may not make much sense. So today was the first festival type fair. I did it to raise money for my brother. Can we just talk about this first. So I wanted to say that my brother is recovering from surgery to have the tumor removed from his colon. It apparently was in a really hard spot, so it was kind of a difficult surgery. He was in quite a bit of pain, and had to stay in the hospital for a couple of days. He is out now, and seems to be doing well. Its funny because I think he is really facinated by his cars. Showing them off as much as possible to us. Its very cute. So they found some lymphnods that looked suspicious in his rectum. And they tested it and found out that the lymphnods were cancerous as well. Thus being colorectal cancer. On the 18th of this month they are going to take out his entire rectum, which according to his daughter is a serious surgery. Im scared to death. Its hard enough not bawling my eyes out when I see my brother and sister in law. My heart really feels broken for them. Someone told me tonight that Im such a good sister for doing this. I don't feel that way. I feel like as his sister this is my job. I have to make sure that he is okay. I mean he is my brother. We may not have always been close, but i would give my life for anyone in my family. If I don't do this, who will? Their world has come to a screeching holt, and now I make it my mission to make my world stop. Until they are good again im gonna work my butt of to help me. I hate to think that he is fighting this disease, and his wife is trying to care for him and work, and they have to think about bills. Bills, and money, and how are we gonna eat, or how are we gonna keep on the electricity. It should be the LAST thing they have to worry about. They need to worry about eachother, and their situtation....so i don't feel like im doing anything other than what im supposed to be doing. Anyways, now that I vented, and I really needed that, let me tell you about the festival. We went to the fronteirs day festival. I only started on this monday, which meant I had less than a week to put everything together, and believe me it took every minute of those days. I was wore out, and my hands hurt, and my eyes are so tired that I can barely see. Anways, but we did so good. We did really well, and it felt good to give my brother some money to help them out. It felt good to think maybe I took some stress off his shoulders. But here are some pics.. :D

Hanging reinactment

 Baby Kangaroo that stole my heart.

Isn't she the cutest thing ever..............

My midget friend...so adorable. Total snob tho.

1 comment:

  1. I looked for you at festival and didn't see you. We saw the baby kangaroo too, so cute!

    Vern

    ReplyDelete