Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Super easy, affordable and cute Halloween Candles.

First of all, I would like to say HAPPY FALL!!! Yep, that's right. Tonight at 10:09pm, it will officially be fall. And though I just recently set out my fall items, halloween decor will soon be followed. I def. love to find cute, cheap, and unique things to decorate my house. Whether I buy, or make, doesn't matter. Just as long as it catches my eye. So yesterday I was at Michaels, and found a pamphlet for an adorable halloween candle holder. And of course, I had to put my little spin on it. 
So here we go. We are going to be doing two different candles. the ghost, and the pumpkin.

Supplies we need for the ghost.
Round glass votives
Frosted glass finish-white
Indoor/outdoor spray paint-FLAT white
*you can use gloss, but it doesnt work or look as good*
Black paint pens

Okay, so first you need to spray the finished glass spray around the lip, or rim of the voltive. Make sure you don't spray too much, because then it will look white. We are wanting to create a disappearing gradation of white to add to the ghostly illusion. LET DRY!

When dry, spray several light coats of white flat spray paint on the bottom of the voltive until cover is solid. We want it to look like it blends with the frosted paint. Let dry.

After the voltive is completely dry, I always wait at least an hour to do this next step, take your paint pen, or paint maker and outline your ghost face. 

Let dry, and then repaint until its solid black in your outlines.

This part you don't HAVE to do, I just think it looks cute. I just took the same paint pen and wrote a little caption on the back. Its super cute. And your finished. Let dry, and decorate. Your imagination is your guide. These are so cute, and your sure to get some great compliments on them.

The next one we are going to do is the pumpkin. My pumpkin is not as good as the ghost, but that is mostly because I wasn't able to get the proper supplies, and was quick to get this done.
So what we need for the pumpkin voltives are
round glass voltive
orange flat spray paint
spray adhesive
black paint marker (or paint pen)

So first spray the entire voltive with the adhesive. This is to make sure that the orange paint holds. I unfortunately had to use the gloss paint so it really didnt want to hold well. 
spray with orange flat spray paint. I would def. let each coat dry before adding another.
after adding the orange let completely dry. Again, I let dry for at least an hour.

Again, outline your pumpkin face and fill in. Let dry and then repaint to make sure you get all of it covered. Let dry and decorate. How easy was this??

They are absolutely precious lit up



No comments:

Post a Comment