Monday, September 13, 2010

Deco Me Crazy

     So I dicovered a new craft about six months ago and immediately fell in love. And I firmy believe that anyone who likes crafting even a little bit should try this craft at least once. I guarantee you will love it!!! What is it you ask me? Well if you can't tell from the title, which i tried to be clever with ;), its......

DECOUPAGE
Oh the sweet and wonderful world of decoupage. I think besides sewing, this has to be my absolute favorite craft. So I have put together a blog of things that I have decopuaged. Even though I discovered this six months ago, I have only done a few things. I have been very busy with other things, but I am going to def. start decopauging more. So I hope you enjoy, and I hope you see something that inspires you to try it out. Its a great way to update old furniture, or just give some spunk to something you use every day. So here goes.......


Okay, so this dresser was given to us by my husbands father an his wife. They gave us sister dressers. Which is my word for two dressers that are alike but one has two rows of dressers and the other is just one row...if that makes sense. Anyways, this is the one I keep in our room. And I really needed a dresser, but I really hated this dresser. So the picture on the left is of course the dresser before, and the picture on the right is the dresser after. I also did some candels to match which I featured in another post. I love how it turned out and it totally goes with our room now.

So this is a desk that I did for my husband who just recently went back to school. It used to be almost the same green as the wall that its against... :/....My husband is going to school for music so I put a music spin on the desk. And of course topped it with a yellow chair...I think it turned out great, and he likes it...hes a guy.


Here is another before and after. This is my daughters stool that she stands on to brush her teeth. I did a very cute school theme on this because she started school last year. She loves this stool. As you can see from the picture on the left, it was just a plain white stool that I think I got at Target. This def.
makes it look a lot better.
This is another decopauged item that I did for my daughter. I am redoing my daughters entire room to have more of a princess theme....and this is her little undie/sock dresser. Its actually a small dresser and I LOVE it. Basically what I did was paint it pink, distressed it with a piece of very fine sand paper and then decoupaged the top. Remember that if you decoupage something that you want to combine with paint, always always paint first. 
The last item that is in the right side, which says the name fowler is what I made for my nephew. I did a very cute robot space theme...it turned out soooooo cute. I will say that if you decide to decoupage for the first time, a name like this is NOT the way to go. Its really hard to figure out , so save this kind of stuff until you get better. And finally I want to say that decoupage is a great way to completely transform something boring, or old into something amazing. If you just use your mind, take your time, and just enjoy it you can really make something come to life. And its a fantastic craft that is farely cheap. Especially if you already have the furniture or something to decoupage. I will be posting a 'how to decoupage' blog up by the end of the week for anyone who reads this and wants to try it. I  notice a lot of people read this and comment to me on my facebook...which is GREAT!! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment